From: Coralie Mercier [mailto:coralie@w3.org]
Sent: February 9, 2017 8:09 AM
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: public-epub3@w3.org; Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>; Bill McCoy <bmccoy@idpf.org>; Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [epub3-cg] Choosing Chairs

Hi Daniel, all,

> On 9 Feb 2017, at 13:46 , Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:
>
> On 08/02/2017 19:25, Matt Garrish wrote:
>> It would definitely be good to have a fuller complement of members before deciding on chairs.
>>
>> I'll always cherish my one day in charge, though. Thanks to whoever thought so kindly as to nominate me!
>>
>> And welcome to everyone who has joined so far! It's great to see new people already coming on board.
>

> Things changed a bit recently: now, Dave is co-chairing the EPUB3 CG
> with Laura Brady and... myself. Ah. Where does that come from?!? Not
> that I would refuse it, but hey maybe it could be discussed with us
> first?

Yep, that’s indeed good practice.
Maybe someone in the group played with the interface to choose chair(s)?

https://www.w3.org/community/about/tool/#choose-chair

[[
Groups nominate their own Chairs and choose their own process for doing so.

The administrative interface for naming Chair(s) is the group’s participants page. Only participants (and W3C staff) have access to the administrative interface and they must be logged in to view and use it.

The administrative interface works as follows:

 • When a group has no Chairs, anyone in the group may select one or more Chairs by checking boxes next to the name(s) on the participants page.
 • When a group has already chosen its Chair(s), only the Chair(s) themselves see the checkboxes. Only Chairs may add or remove Chairs.
 • W3C Staff have access to the administration interface whether or not they are participants in the group.
]]

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org mailto:coralie@w3.org +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/