From: Leonard Rosenthol [mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 9:31 AM
To: Levantovsky, Vladimir; MURATA Makoto; public-epub3@w3.org
Subject: RE: [a11y] Editorial changes required for creating an ISO/IEC spec for EPUB a11y

So I looked into this, and here is what I learned:

The only group/organization that can have free standards is the JTC1 standards. The provision of standards for free is confined to certain projects developed by JTC1 that conform to strict conditions established by the ISO Council. JTC1, as you know is also an ISO/IEC committee that has special or different rules than those that we follow for ISO standards.