RE: Update on the Virtual Locators and Fixed Layout Accessibility Taskforces

+1, moving both of these work items to CG is the right approach.

With regards

Avneesh

From: Reid, Wendy <wendy.reid@rakuten.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 21:28
To: public-epub-wg@w3.org
Subject: Update on the Virtual Locators and Fixed Layout Accessibility
Taskforces

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for their patience as we worked through the publication
process.

As discussed in the meeting with the Fixed Layout Accessibility Taskforce
this week, as the EPUB WG work wraps up and we transition to the new
maintenance working group, it's been suggested we move the taskforce work to
the Publishing Community Group.

The Community Group has been around for a while, with a focus on incubating
and developing ideas that could potentially become standards. The work
happening in the FXL Accessibility and Virtual Locators taskforces fit this
description far better and as the work continues, moving both groups to the
CG also has some additional benefits, including the ability for us to open
the work to non-W3C members. CGs are public and open to everyone.

Both groups are doing really valuable work for the industry, but we need
more input and incubation before anything could potentially be a standard.
Moving to the CG will make this work a lot easier.

For those of you who are not yet members of the CG, you can join here:
https://www.w3.org/community/publishingcg/.

There will be some transition as I move meetings and things over, and work
with the CG chairs to figure out how we fit the work in, so stay tuned!

Cheers,

Wendy