RE: EPUB 3.3, EPUB Reading Systems 3.3 and EPUB Accessibility 1.1 are W3C Candidate Recommendations (Call for Implementations)

> Ivan for your guidance here in the W3C

And let’s not forget the significant work Ivan’s been doing as an editor, too. His help has been invaluable!

Matt

From: Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org>
Sent: May 12, 2022 9:36 AM
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>; Reid, Wendy <wendy.reid@rakuten.com>; Cramer, Dave <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com>
Cc: W3C EPUB 3 Working Group <public-epub-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: EPUB 3.3, EPUB Reading Systems 3.3 and EPUB Accessibility 1.1 are W3C Candidate Recommendations (Call for Implementations)

Congrats everyone, huge shout-outs to all who made this happen!

Big thanks to our two chairs Wendy and Dave for keeping us on point and driving us to this day. Dan for all your work on the testing system, Matt for your incredible editing of these specifications, Avneesh for leading our accessibility specification as well as your thoughtful insights, Ivan for your guidance here in the W3C, and everyone of our working group, and task force members who contributed in any way.  I for one am proud of what we have accomplished here and can’t wait to promote this and kick off a new era in accessible digital publishing.

Well done everyone!

Charles

EOM

Charles LaPierre

Principal, Accessibility Standards, and Technical Lead, Global Certified Accessible

Benetech

Twitter: @CLaPierreA11Y