Fwd: New EPUBCheck v5.0.0 preview is available for testing

Dear all,

this is an important milestone for the EPUB 3.3 work. Note that this is still a preview, not a stable release ready for production.  However, if you contribute a test to the test suite, you are encouraged to use already this version of epubcheck to make sure that the test itself is conform to the specification.

Thanks to the Epubcheck team!

Ivan

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Romain <rdeltour@gmail.com>
> Subject: New EPUBCheck v5.0.0 preview is available for testing
> Date: 8 July 2022 at 17:55:08 CEST
> To: Wendy Reid <wendy.reid@rakuten.com>, Rachel Comerford <rachel.comerford@macmillan.com>, Brady Duga <duga@google.com>, Rick.Johnson@vitalsource.com, GROS VINCENT <VGROS@hachette-livre.fr>
> Cc: bill.kasdorf@w3.org, Avneesh Singh <asingh@daisy.org>, Tzviya Siegman <tsiegman@wiley.com>, Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
>
> Dear all,
>
> A new preview of EPUBCheck is now available for testing:
>
>  https://github.com/w3c/epubcheck/releases/tag/preview
>
> It is still not feature complete, but it includes all the heavy lifting for v5.0.0, notably a significant refactoring of the internal API to use proper URL parsing logic.
>
> We would greatly appreciate if you could test this preview with some of your catalog titles, to help us find any obvious bugs or breaking results.
>
> Any issue can be filed preferably to the Github issue tracker:
>  https://github.com/w3c/epubcheck/issues
>
> But of course I also welcome any kind of questions or feedback via email!
>
> Thank you and best regards,
> Romain.
>

> --
> Romain Deltour – @rdeltour