Re: Looking for some clarification

John,

I believe the latest move in the W3C process[1,2], that you refer to, to introduce the notion of registry is slightly different than what you say. The goal is to introduce a registry document into the process, i.e., an environment whereby the only 'standardized' piece is the governing policy of the registry as opposed to the content of the registry. That would make it possible to extend the registry easily, and not go through a WD-CR-PR-REC process for every change. That goal is not to create one single terminology registry for W3C and, frankly, I would think that that particular boat has sailed by now and it would be almost impossible to create it.

Whether the SSV would benefit of a separate registry: I cannot fully say. Besides the fact that [1] is not yet the official process (I am sure it will become soon) the question is whether the SSV is really a living vocabulary, ie, we expect it to change significantly or not in the coming years. I simply do not know, I leave to those who have more experience with the evolution of the SSV.

Ivan

[1] https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/Drafts/#registries <https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/Drafts/#registries>
[2] https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/335