From: Avneesh Singh <avneesh.sg@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2021 10:29 AM
To: public-epub-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: [a11y] April 22 accessibility task force call is canceled

Thanks everyone for all the best wishes you sent me personally. It has really helped in keeping my spirits high, I have so many friends in my work zone who care so much for me!

The situation is very very critical in Delhi. Infact in whole of India, India broke record of 314,000 covid patients per day, yes it is per day count. It is a world record of misery.

In Delhi every 3rd person is tested COVID positive. Today Delhi reached a critical point, when Just 2 hours of oxygen was left in whole of National Capital. It was very much possible that people in hospital will start to die. Delhi needs 700 tonnes of medical oxygen immediately.

Some far off states which have quite low COVID load agreed to send oxygen to Delhi. Now lorries and trains with cryogenic tankers are rushing to Delhi. But the trains will take couple of days to reach from such a distance. So, Airlift is on the way for bringing some oxygen while large tankers arrive.

Medicines are in shortage due to huge demand, even we are not able to get more than a doze of just 1 or 2 days for our family. So, it I and my wife, Mona hunt for medicines on daily basis, calling all pharmacies around, checking all online medical stores, and try to get what every we can. I am happy today because we collected medicines of for next two days, and will try more tomorrow.

Hospital beds are finished, even you have bed you may have to wait for oxygen. This is why I have started inhalers for my family from day 1 (my mother is 70 and aunt is 80, both stay with me), to make sure that no one reaches hospital from my family.

Long jam of ambulances can be seen near cremation ground. Some of near by states had to start mass funerals.

No one knows when it will be over. some say that from 314,000, India can see rise to 500,000 cases per day before reversing.

It is a horrible historical moment that I am watching right from inside of the COVID war zone.

Meanwhile I am sending calendar invite for next week.

Don’t worry I decided to work a little, less than an hour only because I was feeling better. I will go to bed after sending calendar email.

Thank you very much

Avneesh