Re: EOCred: Addressing requirements from use cases

Hey Phil,

The CCG is an incubation group where spec drafts get created as well as prototypes and thought pieces. Suggestions from this group will be suggested to the VCWG. The VCWG is for paid members only whereas the CCG is open and free. Many members of the VCWG are also members of the CCG.

From my perspective, you are correct in how you’ve distinguished the differences between CCG and EOCred. That said, if the CCG is using Open Badges which is more than just an assertion, then the description, criteria, etc (badge class / issuer profile properties) will likely be discussed as well.

One of the topics that will likely be discussed in CCG is adding an issuer profile property to the assertion directly rather than only referenced in the badge class as the credential creator is not always the credential issuer.  This could add separation from the verifiable aspect and the description aspect. I’m keen on this btw.

The description has value without an assertion. Credentials may not be digital for instance but still be findable in a registry like the CER. But digital credential assertions are nearly reliant on a description.