Re: EOCred: Identify the level of a credential

Phil,

Your understanding continues to make sense to me. I didn't realize the
credentials for each level of award were nationalized... I don't believe
that changes anything.

Nate,

I could imagine educationLevels being described as:

"Masters"
"SPQF Level 5"
Taxon/DefinedTerm/reserved URL such as http://ed.gov/degreeLevels/associates
by URLs to documents.
<https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/associate.doc>

That's primarily why I chose a set of things that broad. I'd agree it
doesn't serve the use cases, but there are a lot of cases where these
levels are defined in documents, so text strings is about all we're going
to get.

I assume that at some point the web of data people will win and all these word
documents
<https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-structure-us.html>
and pdfs
<http://scqf.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SCQF-Level-Descriptors-WEB-Aug-2015.pdf>that
describe levels will have corresponding URLs for each level.

Richard et al,

I think text is good, I'd really like to add URL in order to represent
taxons and links to descriptions of levels out on the web (so we're at
least somewhat as capable as AlignmentObject.)

Other than that, I'm happy with where the conversation has ended up.