Re: Welcome to the W3C EOCred-schema WG

Hi All,

My name is Richard Wallis.   I am an independent consultant based in the UK
focussing on Linked Data and Schema.org.

I am greatly interested in the extension and enhancement of the Schema.org
vocabulary, whilst also being closely involved with the support and
development of the Schema.org website and supporting code.

I chair & co-chair other W3C Groups for Bibliographic data, Archives and
Tourism, plus have been engaged with other groups such as FIBO (Banking &
Finance) and academic courses.   In these involvements I try to bring some
consistency of approach and cross domain experience to the discussions and
eventual proposals.  In addition, having made and helped negotiate several
successful proposals to enhance the vocabulary, I believe I can also bring
some pragmatic understanding.

As you can see from the above, I can not match the in-depth understanding
and experience in the field of Educational and Occupational Credentials
that is apparent in other introductions. That is apart from
the initial discussions of the topic in the Course group with Phil.
However I hope to participative and help where I can.

I will try to attend the initial kick-off call, but I may not be able to
resolve a conflict on that day.

Regards,
    Richard.

Richard Wallis