Re: Curricula visual design, images/icons

Hi Shawn,
I would agree with your assessment for the most part. I think the curricula
itself should not have a lot of iconography. I would think that when a
professor, teacher, trainer pulls the content into their own
course-ware/materials they may have their own type of icons or graphics.

Maybe it is okay to supply some images that would be useful if reused
(e.g., braille display, controls of a media player, etc.). These would be
images that would be appropriate for the context of the content.

What about iconography for the "resource" itself and not the curricula.
Like for "objectives" or "assessment" or "module / unit"?  Maybe those
would be helpful if they were on the lighter side so that one could skim
the resource faster for the modules or units, etc.

Just some initial thinking.
Brent

Brent A. Bakken
Director, Accessibility Strategy & Education Services
Psychometrics & Testing Services
Co-Chair Pearson Able
*Pearson*

512 202 1087