Re: Course List Requirements Review

Dear leticia and Carlos,
Thanks for the consideration of my comments. Mostly it looks fine, I do
have some improved wording suggestions for your consideration.

*From:* Letícia Seixas Pereira
> *Objective*
>
> *1. Is it accurate to say the tool "will gather information?" Are we
> proactively going out to identify and list courses? My understanding was
> that we were accepting self-nominated courses and not internally curating -
> is that not true? *(*Agreed*) Your initial understanding is correct.
> Modified to “establish a list of courses”.

Even "establish" sounds too much like we own the list. How would this work?

instead of "establish a list..." could we say "accepting submissions for
accessibility related courses that we will consider listing..." (on the WAI
site, or something like that.

> *Approach*
> *2. There is reference here as well to the research so I guess it was my
> misunderstanding that we were not going to populate the list but were
> proactively choosing courses to include. If that is the case, somewhere in
> the timeline or approach must be an item to develop and approve the
> criteria for inclusion.*
> (Agreed) As above, you did not misunderstood our purpose. Modified
> “Research initial list of courses” to “Explore existing criteria for
> describing offers” in order to highlight that this first research is
> intended to investigate and gather information for further activities, not
> to populate the final list.
> We recognize the relevance of discussing the approval criteria, and we
> consider this to be within the scope of the “Open issue: Reviewing offering
> submissions”. Furthermore, one of the resources included in this list being
> “Established workflow and documentation to ensure the authenticity of
> listed offers”, the approval of offers should be a part of all the
> resources being reviewed in the timeline.

Good, thank you

> *Timeline*
>
> *3. Somewhere in the timeline must be an approval of the criteria that
> will guide the research leading to the decision to include a course on the
> list. *See previous comment.

Good thanks

> *Open issues*
>
> *4. Establish and approve criteria for inclusion in the list. *See
> previous comment.

Good thank you

> *Additional Comments*
>
> *5. Just another question - are we working at all with TeachAccess? *It
> is a great resource and we will certainly consider it in further
> activities, in particular for the first phase of our approach (Explore
> existing criteria for describing offers). We could further explore
> potential approaches for collaboration.

OK and please let me know if I can help - I serve on their Executive
Committee.

--

Sharron Rush | Executive Director

Knowbility.org: to create a more inclusive digital world for all abilities

(office) 512.527.3138 x 104