Re: WAI website usability testing at TPAC

Thanks for quick reply. Comments below.

On 11/3/2017 12:20 PM, Wise, Charlotte wrote:
> James and I will arrive around lunchtime on Tuesday and leave mid-afternoon on Thursday. Liz arrives on Tuesday night. FWIW, I was only planning on testing all day Wednesday as previously discussed. I was under the impression that we had EO WG regular meetings to do on Tuesday--not the case or is that taking place on Thursday?

EOWG is meeting on Tuesday and Thursday. I thought you would prefer to do usability testing on Tuesday afternoon instead of the EOWG meeting -- but I'm totally fine with just doing UT on Wed.

I changed the wiki page so testing is only on Wednesday, after the plenary session.

> I do not use IRC and can't access it, so I'd prefer we not encourage people to sign up that way.

I'd like a back-up way for them to reach us. A few people might not have write access to the wiki page. Those of us on IRC can monitor it and add to the wiki page as needed. Pretty much everyone there will be on IRC the whole time. :-)

> I CAN do testing on Tuesday afternoon but without Liz's help it will be slower going. Norah, perhaps you'd be interested in assisting?

Norah won't be there. :-(((

Actually, you probably wouldn't get many takers Tue afternoon anyway since there are so many other meetings at that time.

fyi, I hope to be able to help most, if not all, of Wednesday's UT. Probably other EOWG participants can as well. I think there will be time at the end of the Tue EOWG meeting for you to give any guidance to observers/helpers.

> ALSO, Liz and I are planning on doing two kinds of testing simultaneously (preference/IA questions on the home page comps) and task-based questions using the full prototype. We do not plan to test in full 60 minute sessions, but have a more flexible approach so that we can use whatever time the participants have and run them through as many questions as they can be there for. They can choose to either do the task-based questions, the home-page based questions, or both depending on their time and preference.  I don't know if I have editing permissions for that page, Shawn--do I? It might be easier if I just edited it.

Great on the flexible approach!

Yes, you have editing permission for that wiki page -- anyone with W3C Member login does... oh, wait, the Visa AC Rep hasn't gotten y'all signed up into EO yet. :-(

If that doesn't happen, just let me know what edits you want and I'll do them ASAP.

Best,
~Shawn