Re: Philippines data - British Red Cross

Simon

cc
public emergency community
public xg eiif list

thanks for sharing

from what I recall *I am doing this in between of lots of other things :-)*
one of the historical problems we have (as a community of open information
professionals) is accessing emergency/relief data. so, from my perspective,
it would be very useful to have an evaluation of the data sharing policy in
practice, or any hints thereof, the transition from PDF to xml or other web
friendly format is a technical formality that is relatively trivial when
the policy is transparent

In addition to any support Carsten and others may offer, from the work
myself and other folks have done before,
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/eiif/wiki/Main_Page

we can provide a bit of help in devising the schemas. (keeping in mind the
vocabulary/ontological aspects of the schema) assuming that the information
schemas used in the original dataset currently available in PDF , are not
optimized for web based representation/exchange
(havent looked at them in detail), we can help there. we have a framework
that has been formally validated with DOLCE that we can use to ensure
integrity of the data
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/eiif/XGR-Framework-20090720/

if you think this could be useful, we can give more info how to use the
framework

In addition, if this is a first of any kind, some of us may be interested
in working with you folks to write a paper  about this effort.

Let us know how can we assist, and look forward to be reading about the
progress being made in this space

GIS rocks