Re: Chairs

Dear all,
Sorry, I was traveling for past two weeks, and couldn't get chance to
introduce myself.

I am Hemant Purohit, PhD advisee of Prof. Amit
Sheth<http://knoesis.org/amit> and
crisis response research coordinator, especially for the project
SoCS<http://knoesis.org/research/semsoc/projects/socs>, at
the Ohio Center of Excellence in Knowledge-enabled Computing
(Kno.e.sis<http://knoesis.org>),
US.

I am focusing on the actionability of the information for response phase
coordination and decision making [1,2], beyond the situation awareness
efforts during emergencies [3]. For the Spring season, I have been working
with Dr. Patrick Meier <http://irevolution.net/bio/> and Dr. Carlos
Castillo<http://www.linkedin.com/in/chato>at Qatar Computing Research
Institute (
QCRI <http://www.qcri.org>) to build information management framework that
will aid into needs and availability identification and management using
Twitter data streams.

   - [1] H. Purohit, A. Hampton, V. Shalin, A. Sheth, J. Flach, S. Bhatt.* What
   Kind of #Communication is Twitter? Mining #Psycholinguistic Cues for
   Emergency Coordination<http://knoesis.wright.edu/library/resource.php?id=1862>
   *, Computers in Human Behavior (CHB) journal, 2013. (Under process of
   publication)
   - [2] H. Purohit, A. Hampton, S. Bhatt, V. Shalin, A. Sheth, J. Flach.* An
   Information Filtering and Management Model for Twitter Traffic to Assist
   Crises Response
Coordination<http://knoesis.wright.edu/library/resource.php?id=1865>
   *. Technical Report, Kno.e.sis Center, 2013.
   - [3] H. Purohit, A. Hampton, V. Shalin, A. Sheth, J. Flach.* Framework
   to Analyze Coordination in Crisis
Response<http://knoesis.wright.edu/library/resource.php?id=1640>
   *, Collaboration and Crisis Informatics, Workshop in conjunction with
   CSCW-2012. (Position paper)

Cheers,
Hemant

--
Hemant Purohit
Ohio Center of Excellence in Knowledge-enabled Computing (Kno.e.sis) -