From: BITNATION <info@bitnation.co>
Date: Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 3:59 AM
Subject: 2015 In Focus: Partners, Products, and Potential
To: jimscarver@gmail.com

A summary of all the amazing things we've done this year, and a look at
what we'll be up to in 2016. View this email in your browser
<http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=e9df73d648&e=a90493b4d5>
Partnerships
BITNATION has announced three major partnerships in the last two months
alone in what has been the culmination of a year of hard work, close
collaboration and - on the whole - glorious success. This brings our number
of key partners to 5: Estonia, Horizon, Blocknet, Swarm, and Exosphere. We
have built a distributed, talented, highly motivated team from every
continent on Earth bar Antarctica. These amazing individuals have
demonstrated what can be done with a little self-determination, elbow
grease, and a united sense of disillusionment with nation states juxtaposed
with the kind of optimism blockchain technologies (and distributed
consensus protocols more generally) have brought to this wide and wonderful
world. However, our biggest thanks go to you, our interested, interesting
netizens. Without your support, engagement and input, none of this would
have been possible. We hope you stick around for the ride; 2016 is going to
be epic! BITNATION In The Media
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=2c9164ea39&e=a90493b4d5>
We
would like, in particular, to draw your attention to The Atlantic's
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=e00ffcc53f&e=a90493b4d5>
must-reads in science and technology, to a beautiful Spanish blog-piece
about the extinction of democracy
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=62cf7414fe&e=a90493b4d5>
in Europe, and an amazing (and entirely unsurprising) summation of the state
of blockchains
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=d2028ebc50&e=a90493b4d5>
by none other than payments giant, Visa. Put together, these show that we
are gaining traction, that the world needs desperately the innovative
governance structures we're experimenting with, and that the blockchain
trust machine we rely on is about to come into its own. Products You must
have heard of our partnership with Estonia's e-Residency program by now.
It's been literally everywhere, from Bloomberg, to the WSJ and CNN. We are
making waves in the statist world, and recognition by a legacy nation state
as a formal partner capable of offering services normally reserved for
governments is a really big deal. One small step for BITNATION, one giant
leap for virtual sovereignity.

Anyone, anywhere can use our notary which is - for now - free of charge.
While the partnership with Estonia strengthens our position as a nation, it
has little effect on the actual legality and acceptability of our notary
system. It stands on its own two feet: a timestamped proof of existence in
an immutable and public ledger and a secure digital signature algorithm. We
don't know of a more better notary service anywhere. Joey Krug recently
used it and this is what he had to say:
​
"At Augur we own some short term bills through a brokerage in the UK and
had to submit a notarized copy of our founding docs (we're an Estonian
entity) and I did it through BITNATION's notary service (and it was
accepted). I honestly didn't think it would be accepted, but it was, and is
way way way easier than actually meeting a notary in person." Use Our
Notary Now
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=020709587b&e=a90493b4d5>
As
a special New Years' treat, please take a moment to get yourself a World
Citizenship ID. The ID generates a key pair that you can use in the notary
system (for added security and proof of identity) and will be further
integrated with some of the more exciting and intelligent pieces of our
Pangea platform.

We are also in the process of putting together a worldwide network of
embassies and consulates. If you would like to be a part of this historic
expansion into the meatspace and are willing to provide a place for fellow
netizens to work or stay, please sign up here. The more the merrier! Become
a World Citizen Today
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=d0828b198d&e=a90493b4d5>
an Embassy
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=9b4398feb2&e=a90493b4d5>
We
recently announced
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=9bc2579e88&e=a90493b4d5>
that we are teaming up with Exosphere and the Hydra3 bootcamp in Chile to
offer a scholarship (amounting to a whopping $1500) for anyone interested
in doing an 8-week intensive startup course aimed at producing something to
further the goal of decentralized governance. It's not too late to apply,
so perhaps you should consider a new years' resolution that includes
heading for South America and another rabbit hole filled with awesome
people and mind-blowing ideas. Apply Now
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=51eed241d3&e=a90493b4d5>
Our
partnership with Swarm
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=55c42068e7&e=a90493b4d5>
has been focused on producing a working liquid holocracy that can be widely
and effectively adopted by communities like ours across the globe. It is
premised on an holonic contract we are in the process of putting together
as we speak. Please join the conversation! Contribute Now
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=a9b6042e8f&e=a90493b4d5>
Potential:
Pangea
Our biggest focus in the new year will be building out the Pangea platform,
which is the flagship of our nation. It's where we will conduct dispute
resolution; create, manage, join, and network with the various holons in
our community; and generally get on with being a truly decentralized,
voluntary, and peaceful nation which exists immutably in the ether. We want
to make sure that we deliver a great product, so it may take some time, but
it will be worth every extra minute to ensure that it is resilient,
effective, and accessible to all who care (or dare) to join the fun. We
leave you with two diagrams that reveal both the grand scope of our vision
and how much we are in need of some designers to help Susanne out ;) May it
be a blessed, peaceful, and loving time ahead! While most of the work of
the BITNATION Refugee Emergency Response was done in the initial months of
the crisis, we are always looking for the kind of people who are willing to
help maintain and improve the quality and reach of this much-needed system.
Remember, #BlockchainsNotBorders! Help Out Now
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=cbd0b89eba&e=a90493b4d5>
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=d578eecf44&e=a90493b4d5>
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=c688e31c32&e=a90493b4d5>
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=fe4de3ce1a&e=a90493b4d5>
You
are receiving this email because you registered on the BITNATION website or
subscribed to be kept up to date with ongoing progress.

You can update your preferences
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/profile?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=37a5583992&e=a90493b4d5>
or unsubscribe from this list
<http://bitnation.us11.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&id=37a5583992&e=a90493b4d5&c=e9df73d648>

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=913c7a1aa0e6577fc5a84cc41&afl=1>