Fwd: OGP Webinar: Introducing the Access to Information Working Group

More: http://www.opengovpartnership.org

From: "Abhinav Bahl" <abhinav.bahl@globalintegrity.org>
Date: Sep 17, 2013 12:14 PM
Subject: OGP Webinar: Introducing the Access to Information Working Group
To: <ogp-civilsociety@opengovpartnership.org>

> Dear colleagues,
>
> The Open Government Partnership and the World Bank Institute is pleased
to announce a webinar to introduce the OGP Access to Information Working
Group on Monday, September 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM EST. We hope you can join
us. Please see the details below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dF9xWngxMTFMWFJrV0hpcVAtdXFSMmc6MA

> Date & Time
> Monday, September 30, 2013
> 10:00 – 11:00 AM Washington DC | 09:00 - 10:00 AM Mexico City | 2:00 -
3:00 PM London

> As governments continue to implement their OGP Action Plans and develop
new commitments, the OGP is piloting a number of working groups to deepen
engagement and learning opportunities in key open government areas. Given
the importance of access to information as a core value of open government,
an OGP Access to Information Working Group has been created. This Working
Group is led by the governments of Mexico (Federal Institute for Access to
Information and Data Protection-IFAI), Brazil (General Comptroller -CGU),
and Indonesia (Central Information Commission) along,with the Regional
Alliance for Freedom of Expression, The Carter Center, and the Centre for
Freedom of Information.

> This webinar aims to further understanding of access to information
issues and activities in the context of the Open Government Partnership.
The session will introduce the concept of OGP Working Groups and the
framework for the OGP- Access to Information Working Group (ATI WG).

> The Access to Information Working Group will:
> 1. Support OGP participating countries to develop and implement ambitious
commitments on access to information.
> 2. Assist OGP countries in meeting their ATI commitments.
> 3. Identify and share good practices on specific ATI and transparency
related topics.
> 4. Foster knowledge and experience exchanges among countries on issues
related to the implementation of access to information legislation.
> 5. Promote active engagement of ATI oversight and implementation bodies
around the world in national OGP processes.
> 6. Provide insight on how to incentivize countries to adopt commitments
that also improve their scores on the OGP eligibility criteria for Access
to Information.

> Presented by
> Juan Pablo Guerrero Amparán (Mexico’s Federal Institute for Access to
Public Information and Data Protection)

http://worldbankva.adobeconnect.com/ogpweb/

> The OGP Working Groups and Webinars encourage peer learning and knowledge
sharing on critical open government issues among civil society, government,
and private sector participants. OGP Webinars are co-sponsored by the World
Bank Institute (WBI).