RE: W3C eGov meeting - Monday 13 May 2013, 9:00 - 10:30 London time

Tomasz, Thank you for organizing this. In the interest of EGOV Transparency
and Accountability I would like to suggest that this community insure that
data set catalogs are made available in spreadsheet or CSV formats so they
can be analyzed and federated with other catalogs.

For example: http://geo.gov.ckan.org/dataset. I am unable to find and
download this new data set catalog for analysis.

I would like to make a presentation on the benefits of being able to analyze
and federate data set catalogs.

Brand

Dr. Brand Niemann
Director and Senior Data Scientist
Semantic Community
http://semanticommunity.info
http://gov.aol.com/bloggers/brand-niemann/
703-268-9314

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomasz Janowski [mailto:tj@iist.unu.edu]
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:04 AM
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org
Cc: Holm, Jeanne; Archer, Phil; Sandro Hawke
Subject: W3C eGov meeting - Monday 13 May 2013, 9:00 - 10:30 London time

Dear All,

You are very welcome to join the next meeting of the W3C EGOV Interest Group
which will take place tomorrow Monday 13 May 2013 from 9:00 to
10:30 London time. This will be the first in a series of meetings on EGOV
Transparency and Accountability, and related technology and policy issues.
We have three very interesting talks scheduled on this topic from different
perspectives and different parts of the world:

1. Transparency: Some Inconvenient Thoughts, Frank Bannister, Trinity
College Dublin, Ireland

2. The Danish Approach to eService Take-up and Inclusion, Morten Meyerhoff
Nielsen, Danish Agency for Digitization, Ministry of Finance, Denmark

3. Government e-Transformation in Moldova, Vision and Achievements, Stela
Mocan, e-Government Center, State Chancellery, Moldova

All presentation slides are available at
http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Main_Page#Upcoming_meetings.

Ways to connect:

- Telecon line: Dial +1-617-761-6200 or
sip:zakim@voip.w3.org<mailto:zakim@voip.w3.org> then conference code 3468#
("EGOV#")
- W3C IRC channel #egov, see http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/ or use
http://irc.w3.org/?channels=egov
- Group access via the W3C at http://www.w3.org/egov/ and also via LinkedIn
at the W3C eGovernment Interest Group:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1800648&trk=hb_side_g

The next meeting on EGOV Transparency and Accountability will take place on
31 May 2013 from 8:00 to 9:30 Los Angeles time, and the following two
meetings on 10 and 28 June 2013 will be on Creating Socio-Economic Impact
with EGOV. Please contact Jeanne or me if you would like to present or
scribe at the meetings.

I look forward to talking with you on Monday...

Many regards,

Tomasz

Tomasz Janowski, PhD
United Nations University
Co-Chair, e-Government Interest Group, World Wide Web Consortium
www:   http://unu.edu/faculty/tomasz-janowski
email: tj@iist.unu.edu | phone: +853 66652305 | skype: tomaszjanowski