Re: Tools for eGovernance

Thank you Tim and Jeanna

>  It is less about which tools can and could be used (there are many),
> than about the policies of the bodies which govern and convene the
> meetings.  My understanding is that the W3C has good reasons why they do
> not actually record or make recordable the verbal discussions and
> broadcasts from the meetings.  For this group, therefore, I abide by those
> rules.

 ah, yes- that was the answer I guess (recall) - apologies for asking again-

the thing is that even W3C is changing (moving towards more community
oriented participation and governance)
so even policies should change

 However, there could certainly be an interesting discussion on the list
> and in our meetings on how best to accomplish (or what ways we could
> accomplish) the easiest participation in such activities if policies were
> changed or for groups where the policies are different.

sure-  thats the point of eGovernance: how can the members of a civil
community  influence the decisions of their governing bodies
/organisations/ (a 'systemic' issue here)

Plus, there can be a two tier policy within the same organization:

, whosoever have good reasons not to be recorded broadcasted, should be
entitled to do so
But whosover has not problem with their contributions being broadcasted
 should also be entitled to contribute in the way
that suits them best  - the world must go on even if some
people/organizations cannot move as fast as the pace of
technological development (Note: this is a central problem with
eGovenments, needs to be cracked fast)

Basically,  the policy type may influence  the membership type and type of
contributions/participation one is able to make

Look forward to our first virtual face to face meeting sometime soon I hope

PDM