 From: Brian D. Handspicker <bd@handspicker.net>
To: paoladimaio10@googlemail.com
Cc: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>; public-egov-ig@w3.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: whats the plan then?

Paola,

> to hear everybody's voice and opinion on every single issue

There is the possibility that those of us who do not weigh in on every
issue are mute because we don't have a strong position on every issue. I,
for example, am most concerned with and speak up about issues associated
with securely surfacing sensitive/private citizen data to individual
citizens, data that is currently rarely web-accessible at all, let alone
5-star semantic-enabled data. Yet most of the discussions recently have
been heavy on GLD and semantic web standards. Should I leave the group and
have the group lose a "surface the hidden data" champion just because our
group focus has been mostly public GLD oriented recently?

Brian Handspicker
NYS Office of Children and Family Services

P.S. Congratulations Tomasz!

> Phil
>
> thanks for reply
>
> I may not have welcomed/ congratulateD Tomasz
 on joining the team, let me
> take the opportunity. (welcome Tomasz)
>
> However I 'd to understand (urgently) , if this workgroup adopts a
> participatory practice, or not
>
> if it does, it is not up to you nor to Tomasz to
> make the roadmap, but up to each list member
> If a list member does not contribute their ideas /opinions, or have really
> nothing to say ever, I wonder why they have joined.
>
> If the governance of this workgroup is by selected committee (another
> elite?), then maybe this - at this stage -  is not  yet a community of
>  self directed leaders I am hoping for :-)
>
> I would like each member to contribute to the roadmap, and to hear
> everybody's voice and opinion on every single issue, because now we have
> the technology to do so.  Members who do not have anything to say ever on
> anything are
 lurkers, not members,(imho)

>  That's the e-governance I have in mind and I am interested in helping
> co-create......
>
> Let me know if I should put my energies elsewhere :-)

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Phil Archer <phila@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> Paola,
>>
>> Thanks for this timely message. As I hope you will have seen, the group
>> has a new co-chair, Tomasz Janowski, who will be working with Jeanne,
>> Sandro and I on this group. We are all aware of the need to set out a
>> rejuvenated roadmap - it's coming, and soon.
>>
>> Phil.
>>

>> On 24/04/2012 18:07, Paola Di Maio wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings, E-Gov SIG
>>>
>>> I am reviewing my ability to make
 useful contributions to various
>>> communities
>>> for the next semester, as I am travelling a lot, I find it difficult
>>> to attend conference calls . Apologies for not being more active.
>>>  (pulling own ears)
>>>
>>> I remain however interested in the topic, and realise I am not
>>> sure who is on this group, and what are the goals of the memebers,
>>> involvement with e-gov
>>> and what can we learn from each other
>>>
>>> Apologies if I have missed out on something
>>>
>>> Can someone remind  please
>>>
>>> where is the wiki where people can enter their
>>> contributions/suggestions
>>> for talks/projects, our shared -participative agenda so to speak?
>>>
>>> would it be a good idea if each group member (willing
 to do so) to
>>> give a short talk  in forthcoming months (also just a few asynchronous
>>> slides) to introduce themselves
>>> what do they do and what do they would like to achieve with the
>>> participation
>>> in this community, so that we share some knowledge and learn from each
>>> other?
>>>
>>> I am working on distributed decision making processes for governance
>>> and
>>> policy
>>> and would be glad to know if there is anyone around with similar
>>> interests,
>>> for example
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> PDM
>>>

>> --
>>

>> Phil Archer
>> W3C eGovernment
>> http://www.w3.org/egov/
>>
>> http://philarcher.org
>> +44
 (0)7887 767755

--
Brian D. Handspicker
Managing Partner

Email: bd@handspicker.net
Website: bd.handspicker.net
Weblog: bd.handspicker.net/blog
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/bdhandspicker

Albany Regional Office:
1-413-652-5029
243 Union Street, Suite 209
North Adams, MA 01247 US

Boston Regional Office:
1-978-456-5129
215 Ayer Road, Suite 233
Harvard MA 01451 US

This is a private correspondence from Brian D. Handspicker. Some of my
messages are sent using mailing
 lists. If the "to" field in this message
is blank or displays "undisclosed recipients" I sent this messages using a
mailing list. CLICK HERE<mailto:bd@handspicker.net?subject=REMOVE> if you
wish to be removed from my mailing list.