Re: GIS Data

Hi All,

I also liked Andrew's observations about user segmentation.  Moreover, Government Services are delivered as if to a machine user (a robot), not a community of human users.  For example US Weather Forecasts are at 12 hour intervals, starting 6:00AM and 6:00PM, roughly, Today and Tonight[1]. This schedule is related to the work day (in the US a couple of hours before work and a couple hours after work).  But that relation is not valid worldwide, and depends a great deal on Latitude.

I'm not suggesting that Weather Forecasting be changed in any way, but I do think we need to develop some sort of standards for "prime time" since there is a growing distinction between channels (gadgets and Social Networks) available during worker (production) hours, and worker leisure (consumption) hours.

--Gannon

[1] http://www.rustprivacy.org/2011/phase/dol/ft-worth.jpg
The orange dashed lines are Civil Twilight, sunrise and sunset.