Re: RDF Community Directory for My Regions, Australia

Hi Gannon,
Thanks for your input.  The W3C Community Directory was created using the Callimachus platform, which is a Linked Data server.  Every resource is available as Linked Data.  Additionally, all the RDF is available as a single download from the main page.

To provide context, there are thousands of community type directories available on the Web.  Most are in HTML, some allow data downloads in various formats.

What differentiates the W3C Community Directory is that it was created with an entirely Open Source technology stack, using W3C Standards.   When made available in production, it will be a fully LOD cloud compliant dataset, as well as, human readable Web site with useful visualization and faceted navigation capabilities.  The business purpose of the app is to provide a focal point for providers / areas of expertise and deployments based on Linked Data principles.

Hope that helps clarify things and as I said previously, we're actively working to improve regional data capture capabilities for future mapping features and appreciate people's feedback on ways to improve this app.

Cheers,

Bernadette Hyland,
Co-chair W3C GLD Working Group
Sent from my iPad