Re: Model Local Open Government Directive

Hi,

This is a great resource; thank you for sharing it with the list. I will
certainly share it with our various partners and contacts.

We are an organisation that works on technology access issues for people
with disabilities and we are of course very interested in ensuring that
this user group can take advantage of the benefits of open data and open
government. To this end, we are involved with a group in Montreal,
Montreal Ouvert (http://montrealouvert.net/?lang=en), who is working
with different groups to make open municipal data a reality.

One of the things Montreal Ouvert has done recently is partake in the
public consultations the City of Montreal has held at the end of 2010
with regards to the renewal of the City Charter of Rights and
Responsabilities. Montreal Ouvert submitted a statement or brief (not
sure of the right translation for "mémoire") detailing what changes
should e made to the charter with regards to open data (only available
in French, I think:
http://montrealouvert.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Mémoire_Charte-des-droits-et-responsabilités_MontrealOuvert4.pdf).
We worked with Montreal Ouvert to ensure that there was a section on
people with disabilities on this issue. It would be great if your
resource could include some content on accessibility and persons with
disabilities. I would be willing to help out if need be.

Best regards,

Catherine

--
Catherine Roy