From: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-egov-ig-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Holm, Jeanne M (1760)
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:35 PM
To: public-egov-ig@w3.org; public-egov-announce@w3.org
Subject: Initial 2011 Meeting of the W3C eGovernment Interest Group

Welcome!

You have expressed interest in the W3C eGov Interest Group. We are
restarting meetings for this group this month, and welcome your
participation.  The group is open to all those interested in the advocacy,
adoption, and standards of eGovernment.

The mission of the   <http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/> eGovernment Interest Group
is to build and strengthen the community of people who use or promote the
use of W3C technologies to improve Government. As a part of the
<http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/> eGovernment Activity, the group will identify
and discuss essential areas of technology and related policy issues. Such
discussions will occur, amongst other places, on its mailing list, in
teleconference seminars, and at face-to-face gatherings. On topics with
sufficient interest and motivated participants, the group will form task
forces to produce documents and otherwise reach out to relevant communities.

*	First 2011 W3C eGov Interest Group meeting, August 30, Tuesday,
13:00-14:30 UTC (9:00 am-10:30 am US/Eastern):
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=08&day=23&year=2
011&hour=13&min=00&sec=0&p1=0>
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=08&day=23&year=20
11&hour=13&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
*	Recurring meetings:  Third Tuesday of each month, 13:00-15:00 UTC
(9:00 am-11:00 am US/Eastern)
*	Telecon line: Dial +1-617-761-6200 or sip:
<mailto:zakim@voip.w3.org> zakim@voip.w3.org then conference code 3468#
("EGOV#")
*	W3C IRC channel #egov, see  <http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/>
http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/ or use  <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=egov>
http://irc.w3.org/?channels=egov
*	Scribe: (please volunteer, if you've done this before)
*	Group access via the W3C at http://www.w3.org/egov/ and also via
LinkedIn at the W3C eGovernment Interest Group:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1800648
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1800648&trk=hb_side_g> &trk=hb_side_g

         Agenda

*	Welcome and overview
*	Introductions and areas of interest
*	Charter summary (see  <http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/charter-2011>
http://www.w3.org/egov/IG/charter-2011)
*	Open discussion for goals and outcomes (each person to contribute)
*	Announcement of TPAC on October 31-November 2 (see
<http://www.w3.org/2011/11/TPAC/> http://www.w3.org/2011/11/TPAC/)
*	Future meetings on third Tuesday of each month
*	Next steps

Looking forward to speaking with you!  If you have any questions or
suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

--Jeanne Holm

Jeanne Holm
Evangelist, Data.gov
U.S. General Services Administration