From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
To: W3C eGov Interest Group <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thu, October 28, 2010 2:44:14 PM
Subject: My NAFTA

All three countries (Canada [1], Mexico [2] and United States [3]) are posted.

So why bother ?

Well, political geography is not like money. It has no time value.  Governance
is a "Mature Industry". They had the same product last week as this week.
Political power is defined the same way as classical physics defines Power, as
the derivative of Work with respect to Time.  That in turn means that political
systems do work like a Carnot Cycle (Engine) with an increase in Entropy (Open
System).  For example, a Province of the Roman Empire has no "Power" because it
does no work (any more), and Kansas has "Power" because it does work, but does
not get a little bit bigger each night as you expect of your savings account.

These files are a framework for trade origins and destinations.  You should be
able to extract the geo "categories" needed for a given task.  What would be
real cool is if somebody wrote an XSLT which wrote a PERL Script which created a
list of directories, say on a thumb drive.  This would give you a filing system
exactly the right size for the task, with the idea that if you have to expand
you are doing something wrong strategy-wise.

--Gannon

[1] http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/xslt/my-canada.xml
[2] http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/xslt/my-mexico.xml
[3] http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/xslt/my-united-states.xml