From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
To: Rinke Hoekstra <hoekstra@few.vu.nl>
Cc: public-egov-ig@w3.org
Sent: Wed, October 20, 2010 8:44:02 AM
Subject: Re: My NAFTA

Thanks for the information.  I will update attempt some updates.  The Federal
Reporting Model used in the Trade and Security matters has many components.  At
the moment I have my hands full just trying to convince people that there is
such a thing as the Federal Reporting Model*.

It all goes back to a famous remark by Charles De Gaulle:
"How can anyone govern a nation that has two hundred and forty-six different
kinds of cheese? ".  I think the answer is: You govern it like the Public Sector
of any other nation, but admit the impossibility of gaining a monopoly on the
cheese business if you are in the Private Sector.  The recipe for cheese #247 is
in some French kitchen right now, and the important part (for Government) is
that it's a *French* kitchen, not that it's another cheese.

* also known as For Statistical Purposes Only (FSPO)

--Gannon