From: Gannon Dick <gannon_dick@yahoo.com>
To: W3C Egov IG <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thu, October 7, 2010 2:08:22 PM
Subject: Re: Is Privacy Dead ? A helpful hint.

I'll try again.

Meta Data (e.g. facts) propagate as a wave as well as a particle.  A report
released at a "Coordinated Time" does not reflect the habits of human
communities trying to reach a consensus. Until everyone has seen a "fact", it's
News.  While information travels at the speed of light, *consensus* has a fixed
path exactly 24 Hours + 1 Second long.  That means, if you issue a report at
time T, exactly 24 Hours + 1 Seconds later the whole world has seen it and a
consensus can form.  Meta Data does not travel "through the grapevine", although
"normal data" does - when a report is issued in Washington, London sees it as
News 4 hours later and sees it as Meta Data 24 Hours + 1 Second after arrival.

It's just arithmetic.  Each Country and each Subdivision has a characteristic
"Arrival Time".  This is a constant, and unique, for each individual Entity - so
the pair (Country Arrival Time, Subdivision Arrival Time) is also unique, even
if it does not have any "deeper" meaning itself.  And it does *not* have any
deeper meaning after exactly 24 Hours + 1 Second from when the Statistic was
issued.  In terms of a Physics, There are a bunch of standing waves, with
varying frequencies which all collapse at T + (24 Hours + 1) Second, but since
you knew the frequencies you can use them to sort the Entity Names.

For Communities, and Meta Data I think "Consensus Moment" is a good way to put
it, but in exactly 24 Hours + 1 Second, I should probably take a poll ;o)

As a practical example of how this might be used, a csv of the group of Entities
which comprise NAFTA (US+Canada+Mexico, technically I should exclude some of the
Entities or add subdivisions, Palau etc.) is at

http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/nafta.txt

If you were going to release NAFTA statics, then you would need to have a static
(or a null) for every entity.

I also made a javascript calculator to compute the apparent arrival times, one
at a time.  I'll post it in a few days.

--Gannon