Re: Notes from 1 November Meeting

Interesting comments about "Open" data versus free data.  I wonder if a slavish devotion to the principle that all monetary value must be squeezed out of Public Data before it can be made free is practical for metadata.

It seems to me related to the "Ultraviolet Catastrophe" that Physics narrowly avoided - the closer you get to free data the less open and more valuable the specialized knowledge becomes.