Re: Censorship?

Chris,

>> (That's not to say someone won't build a User Agent with some sort of in built
>>semantic URI parser - which is a far more likely realisation of your suggestion
>>Mike, and one I wouldn't mind seeing

That's exactly what I was trying to get at in writing my patent application - a
user agent - web browser - that navigated the new federal TLD space which would
extract statistical data and transform it into audio-visual displays about
wherever the user was navigating on the traditional web.

>>I think that Mikes' proposal raises a few interesting points that are well worth
>>discussion by any modern e-government. Namely : In the world of today's
>>internet, and the future semantic web, what does a URI look like? Or rather,
>>what does your e-governments' online information architecture look like? Is
>>there as consistent standard structure to your URI's that assist citizens in
>>finding information quickly and semantically? And is there any actual benefit to
>>this?

Thanks!   If such a User Agent were ever to emerge, I think the relevance of the
URI would diminish greatly, whereas the user will eventually just have to type
"Microsoft" rather having to type "www.Microsoft.com" or such.

Mr. Waites,

>>What does this have to do with censorship?

That was in reference to an email I sent (twice) to the eGov list but never got
published which is this: