RE: Potential project: Supporting the Linked Data Consumer

Bobbim,

Hi - I didn't'[t realize you were hanging out on this list!  Thanks for
the support.

As for read/write - I had thought that may be too much to suggest at
first, but as a vision it is absolutely something we should consider.  I
added it to the write-up.

As for the browser add-in.  As we consider the implementation options we
should think about browser/server tradeoffs.  I also thought of this
more as a browser capability but as I have understood the LOD
environment and challenges more I am thinking we may want it to be a
server based capability with less requirement for special stuff in the
browser.  This is for a few reasons:

*	The pain of browser incompatibilities, particularly with
plugins.  Tabulator suffers from its firefox-only foundation.
*	The need to retain "context" across sources and display
information in a way that is sensitive to the users role and of having
associated libraries of display widgets bound to the users role
*	How to access the data in a consistent way?

	*	The need to access large data sources by query
	*	The fact that many data sources don't support query
	*	The difficulty in federating queries
	*	The various ways of binding data and query sources

*	Where business rules and even executable resources would reside,
and where the resulting data would go.

So, I think a "LOD Node" will have to be able to buffer some data and
federate others to provide a kind of virtual query point.  This then
needs to be bound to display forms based on user context.  This all
seems like more than could (or should) ever be done in the browser.  Of
course, some aspects will want to be browser based but my thinking has
moved much more to the server side.

Of course - there is more than one way to skin this cat.

-Cory

Thanks,

-Cory