Re: Ed and Outreadch Opportunity

And good PDF generators will embed XMP metadata in the creation step.

On 1/27/10 3:50 AM, "David Pullinger" <David.Pullinger@coi.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

Both,

As well as separate data files, it is perfectedly possible to embed RDF(a) into PDF files, as other markup, and so provide access to Linked Data thereby...

We're considering whether or not to issue standards in this area so that those who insist on releasing information in PDF files nevertheless don't put a block on Linked Data.

David

David Pullinger
david.pullinger@coi.gsi.gov.uk
Head of Digital Policy
Central Office of Information
Hercules House
7 Hercules Road
London SE1 7DU
020 7261 8513
07788 872321

Twitter #digigov and blogs:  www.coi.gov.uk/blogs/digigov <http://www.coi.gov.uk/blogs/digigov>

>>> "Joe Carmel" <joe.carmel@comcast.net> 26/01/2010 18:56 >>>
Brian,

One option to consider might be XForms (and XSLTForms in particular).  Although I’m not familiar with the school district financial data, it seems like publishing an XForm on a central website and mandating that school districts fill it out would be easy to create, maintain, and implement.  The output files could then be posted centrally and/or locally.

I’m working with Owen Ambur and several others on something like this for StratML.  Check out http://www.xmldatasets.net/XF2/stratmlxform3.xml.   It’s still being developed but it might serve as an example.  The idea is to provide a way to create, import, update, display, and finally catalog StratML fles across the web.

Joe