Re: Universal distributed open government data catalog?

Peter, Antti,

> That is a candidate, but I am not sure the near instant
> notificationness is necessary. A much simpler first step is to publish
> an atom feed containing some standardized info about a dataset (maybe
> using some basic terms from Void: http://semanticweb.org/wiki/VoiD).

In fact this is what we did in the LDC09 demo [1] (see the blog post [2]
that describes the demo), based on the dady vocabulary [3], an extension to
voiD that allows for coarse-grained descriptions of the data-source dynamics
as well as the discovery of change notification mechanism(s).

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://code.google.com/p/dady/wiki/Demos
[2]