Re: Catalog software to maintain/display OWL vocabularies...

Peter, all!

I think the form of such a repository could be exposed as a
void:Dataset [1], with its dynamics (updates) expressed using e.g.
Atom feeds. See dady [2] (DatasetDynamics) for building upon voiD [3]
to express such data syndication/synchronization
(notification/update).

For vocabulary publishing tools, I suggest examining e.g. Neologism
[4]. It's built on Drupal, seems to use clean, reliable and
*non-tool-dependent* URI:s. A prime example of it in action is voiD
itself (with representations available as HTML, RDF, N3 and a
diagram).

I'm not sure about where it stands regarding describing its content
with voiD, dady, Atom etc; but it seems reasonable it may progress
along that path. And hopefully more tools will appear using the same
approach. (The principles themselves should of course be clear and
non-tool-specific; i.e. Cool URIs, conneg/REST, dataset descriptions
and dynamics, feeds.)

Jeni Tennison's series of posts about Linked Data [5] about are also
an excellent source of practical experience on these matters.

Best regards,
Niklas Lindström

[1]: http://rdfs.org/ns/void#Dataset
[2]: http://esw.w3.org/topic/DatasetDynamics