Re: generic list of public data sources

Thanks Li, Owen and Jonathan

I'm well aware that there are several sites listing the actual more or
less open data sources like the data.gov and CKAN

I am looking a general topic list that would guide me that in my country
there are most propably some organization holding data about this, this
and this. Ofcourse I can compile the list by going trough the existing
data catalogues... The Owens detailed categorization was good for the
statistical data, but statistical data is just one branch in the owerall
picture... what about the register of "Alcholo licences in a city" or
something more weird but usefull.

Just to give you an idea i drafted out of my head a MindMap that I would
like to develope to cover the full picture.

http://mind42.com/pub/mindmap?mid=b84b44a0-4636-4de9-9a00-5a4513195ce2

All resource links are wellcome

BR,

-Antti