Re: Fwd: Plans for SEIS and Reportnet 2010 - version 1.0

Hi Søren, Thomas,

That's also the way I had interpreted that example. And it can be indeed important, especially at a pan-European level.
Imagine that agencies A and B describe the same airbase station, and at some point it is replaced by something else (sorry I'm not an expert, so please replace "something else" by an appropriate artifact in your field ;-). And suppose that for the first year, only agency A updates its description. Then we would have inconsistent knowledge.

Of course, in the end such inconsistencies could be streamlined, as a result of the enhanced data publishing: agency B could just rely on agency's A descriptions' being available as linked data or any other appropriate service, and thus stop creating "redundant" (and possibly inconsistent) descriptions. But you can never be sure that the "editorial" strategies of agencies would allow a perfect distribution of tasks.

Antoine