From: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-egov-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Sandro Hawke
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:50 PM
To: Jose Manuel Alonso
Cc: eGovIG IG
Subject: Re: [agenda] eGov IG Call, 14 Oct 2009

> 3. Tuning scribing procedures [10min]
>    + http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Teleconferences#Scribe_duties

> 5. Where to go from here? [30min]
>    + review minutes of last IG call discussion
>      http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-egov-minutes#item01

I have now installed some software that makes it easier to produce good
minutes.   The basic process:

    -- There's a button on a web page which copies the IRC log onto a
       wiki page.  The scribe, and others, can then edit the wiki page
       to fix scribing errors.  (It's safe to press it during the
       meeting, even if the page is being edited.)

       That button is here:
          http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/

    -- There's another button to reformat the log into something pretty
       good looking.    When ready, anyone can save that as the latest
       draft of the minutes.

       The saves minutes appear here:
           http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/meeting/

I have not updated the eGov scribe process pages to reflect this yet.

(Full disclosure: I developed this scribing software, for the OWL
Working group.  A few other groups are using it now.  They seem happy
with it, but obviously it's not terribly polished code.)

     -- Sandro