task forces -- Re: first rough draft of 2nd charter

We need to seriously think about the connector and comm/outreach piece
and if we should spend most/all of the time at this. Example: should
"OGD patterns" happen within the IG as a TF or should the IG act as
connector to a CG with mixed Membership that would develop the most
technical stuff?

The second focus area or task force also concerns me. "Web
Development" is to broad. I think that OGD is fine but I asked this
question before: where's the citizen in this citizen-centric
government? Data.gov is not for citizens. They need some other way to
access information.

We might want to focus on front end and visualization stuff on TF2 but
if so, we should be very careful how we frame this to do it more
closely and narrowly.

John and I discussed at our meeting on Wed that one option might be to
take the "interoperability" aspects and associate them with OGD;
leaving something focussed on "providing public services
using the web" (i.e. we have an "enable" taskforce based on OGD, and a
"provide" taskforce looking at the practical aspects of using the web to
deliver online services and information from government.

I've been recently reminded that W3C only covers a small piece of the
visualization space and that much in this area is still R&D and
outside W3C scope. We might want to catalog the applicable W3C
technologies and just work on those (eg. (X)HTML, CSS, Webapps,
Mobile, Usability, SVG...) and add very closely related bits (eg:
usability), maybe this guide, recently released by UK COI could help
frame discussion? -- http://www.coi.gov.uk/improvingwebsites/
I'm also sure Rachel and the US Federal Web Managers Coucil could help
us with the requirements for this.

-- Jose