From: public-egov-ig-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-egov-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Bandholtz
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 2:43 AM
To: Novak, Kevin
Cc: eGovIG IG
Subject: Re: FINAL OPPORTUNITY FOR INPUT: FW: please review and edit
"Projects", wiki note

Hi Kevin,

allthough most projects may be set well one by one, I am not so happy
about distinguishing OGD (Open Government Data) from GLD (Government
Linked Data) the way you do.

GLD is just one (RDF based) kind  of representing OGD. Other
representations may be based on the named formats of OGD "XML, CSV,
custom data formats, and/or Web APIs". To make this more confusing: RDF
may be serialized in a XML syntax, so GLD would be OGD if not serialized
in Turtle?

I would rather distinguish the general strategic topics of OGD in
whatever technical format from the more specific topics related to some
technical pattern.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Bandholtz, thomas.bandholtz@innoq.com, http://www.innoq.com
innoQ Deutschland GmbH, Halskestr. 17, D-40880 Ratingen, Germany