From: Jose M. Alonso [mailto:josema@w3.org]
Sent: 24 August 2009 00:32
To: eGov IG
Cc: Sandro Hawke; Sheridan, John; Kevin Novak
Subject: announcement: Sandro Hawke to replace Jose M. Alonso as W3C
eGov Staff Contact

Dear group,

As you all know I work at W3C under the W3C Fellows program [1]. I'm
employed by the CTIC Foundation (Spain) but spend 80% of my time working
as W3C eGovernment Lead.

My Fellowship is coming to an end before the end of September, a few
months earlier than originally planned. CTIC needs more of time. This is
in part due to the success of this group. I'll be managing eGov projects
at CTIC (for various governments in Spain as a start) that have much to
do with Open Government Data and other topics we  are working on.

I'm very grateful to CTIC for allowing me to do this job for 2.5 years
and W3C for being such a great place to work. I have enjoyed this job so
much that words cannot describe. It also allowed me to meet many many
amazing people in many countries, including you all.

Chairs and me have been working with W3C Management for the last several
weeks on the transition. It has been decided that my colleague Sandro
Hawke [2] will be the new W3C eGov Staff Contact and that a one year
charter to the Advisory Committee will be proposed. I also expect to
stay involved in W3C eGov work appointed as the third co-Chair of the
group. Proposed charter [3] has been changed accordingly.

We are still working on the transition and expect it'll finally happen
sometime before the end of September. Sandro has already joined the
group and he's taking gradually on my responsibilities. I let Sandro
introduce himself in a separate message.

Cheers,
Jose.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Recruitment/Fellows

[2] http://www.w3.org/People/all#sandro

[3] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/eGov/ig-charter

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In
case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to The National Archives. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message
or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.