OGD flyer feedback...

Hi!

Since launching http://www.opengov.se/ (in swedish - sorry) I have
been contacted by various agencies with questions on how to proceed
with open data initiatives. I have suggested a similar approach to the
items listed in the OGD flyer with emphasis on the first step; "put
whatever you have online now in whatever format it is". In the first
point I have suggested that an agency also should clarify usage
restrictions (or lack of) to make sure people understood that they
could use the data for whatever purpose they like.

This has proved to be very efficient. Many government representatives
approach open data cautiously thinking that it may involve a lot of
time/money to put it online. When they hear about the first step they
have been relieved.

I believe the flyer could be a very efficient method to increase
awareness about OGD. It would be great if the raw materials for the
flyer could be available for translation.

Regards,

Peter Krantz