Re: F2F meting Warsaw, dates

After speaking with Frederico, we figured out that it may be a better idea
to move the meeting to Paris, now that Robin has offered to find space
there.  It would then seem that the most convenient date would be just be
just before the CSSWG meeting.

As for time: I had initially though 2 days. But from the latest exchanges
on Github [1], it sounds to me as if Ryosuke Niwa would like to move things
related to caret movement from the cE=typing spec to the Selection API
spec, which is not part of this task force, at least not officially. If we
do that, then I think the specs we deal with may be substantially smaller
and it will possibly be enough with just a single day (August 24).  On the
other hand, there are so many issues related to the various editing-related
specs, so I don't think we will have any problem filling two days to solve
this. So I would argue we should still have two days: August 23 and 24.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/editing/issues/58#issuecomment-109003895

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:

> > On 04 Jun 2015, at 10:58, Johannes Wilm <mail@johanneswilm.org> wrote:
> >
> > After asking some of those most involved and also the CKSource team, it
> seems that the only possible dates to hold such a meeting in Warsaw are
> September 1-2.
> >
> > However, not everyone is able to make it during those dates either. Tow
> other options have been mentioned: before or after the Paris CSSWG meeting
> in Paris or at TPAC in Hokkaido, Japan.
> >  I will be present at both, but in my capacity as Vivliostyle
> representative, not as the Invited Expert of in the Editing task force. I
> would have to hear with Vivliostyle whether it would be OK for me to spend
> time on this at TPAC.
> >
> > I would suggest we keep the Warsaw date, and those who cannot attend can
> both call in, chat via IRC or transmit their input before the meeting.
> >
> > What do others say?
>
> All three locations should work for me (Warsaw, Paris, Sapporo), but
> September 1-2 doesn't (For Europe, I'd need this to be during August). I'm
> not the most important person in this story though.
>
>  - Florian

http://www.johanneswilm.org
tel: +1 (520) 399 8880