Re: preparation for the F2F

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 7:53 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan@google.com> wrote:

> I haven't been able to keep up with all the various discussions. What is
> the set of documents/issues/githubs that represents the current APIs people
> are planning on discussing?
>
> Also, is there an agenda or timeline?
>
> I'd like to read up as much as I can between now and the F2F so I can
> comment on what sorts of APIs Chrome would be interested in pursuing and
> which would be unlikely to get traction with the Chrome team.

Agenda: https://www.w3.org/wiki/Fall_2015_Editing_Taskforce_F2F_meeting

the two most important specs right now seem to be:

https://w3c.github.io/editing/contentEditableEvents.html

and

https://w3c.github.io/editing/input-events.html

The various issues that need to be discussed are here:
https://github.com/w3c/editing/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue . As per
suggestion of Frederico, the final editing of above two specs will be of
first priority, so check the issues tagged accordingly.

It seems that a lot of the points we initially set up in the agenda have
found a resolution already (such as the name of the spec, etc.), so unless
someone decides that these items should still be discussed at the meeting,
I would say we don't need to spend time on them.

Also, please, reopen any issues anyone here feels are not correctly
resolved yet.

If we end up with spare time at the end, I suggest we can start to look at
building a first draft of a roadmap on how to continue after this and
whether/how we can  salvage parts of the execCommand spec as part of our
future work.

There is no schedule proposal yet.

> Sadly, I can only make it to the first day of the F2F.

At least you are there at all!

> See you all in Paris.
>
> Ojan

Fidus Writer