Re: Default Caret and Selection Positioning Spec?

> On Dec 9, 2014, at 12:50 AM, Frederico Knabben <f.knabben@cksource.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, 9 December 2014 at 00:35, Ben Peters wrote:
> I couldnft agree more. We certainly need specs for this.
>
> At a first glance it sounded wrong to dirty up the current selection spec with UX changes to it but I feel that it would be totally ok to append a new dedicated section just for that. A pretty big section btw.

Right. Standardizing normalization behavior doesn't affect UX itself so we should be able to do it.

We can probably also define how non-visible contents are handled, how images are treated as a single character, etc...

>> Even more important is that we allow script to modify the location of the caret with script and don't normalize it if they do so.
> Yes, please! :D First line of the spec, written in bold, red and <blink> :D

This is already the case because the specification only allows selection to be changed in response to user actions but I suppose I can add an explicit example?

- R. Niwa