Re: No query string parameters in HTTP Vocabulary?

Dear Shadi,

Thank you for your response. Indeed, the query string parameters are
part of URIs more than HTTP itself. The vocabulary specification
mentions as main purpose theability for "quality assurance tools to
record the HTTP headers that have been exchanged between a client and a
server". I understand the focus on headers although, from my
perspective, parameters may be equally important in order to understand
the communication between two parties. I'm not sure if this choice may
refrain the HTTP vocabulary adoption.

In addition to recording a communication that has already happened,
another use case I foresee would be to describe how a (future)
communication should take place, denoting possible headers as well as
the URI used to invoke a service. This could be achieved using URI
templates (RFC 6570), as illustrated by several initiatives such as
Hydra <https://www.hydra-cg.com/> [1] or Triple Patter Fragments
<http://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/triple-pattern-fragments/> [2].
RESTdesc [3] is another work that attempted to complement HTTP
vocabulary with properties tracking query string parameters.

[1] Lanthaler M. & Gütl C. (2013). Hydra: A Vocabulary for
Hypermedia-Driven Web APIs. In Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Linked
Data on the Web (LDOW2013). Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. CEUR-WS.
[2] Verborgh R., Vander Sande M., Hartig O., Van Herwegen J., De Vocht
L., De Meester B., Haesendonck G. & Colpaert P. (2016). Triple Pattern
Fragments: a Low-cost Knowledge Graph Interface for the Web. Web
Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web 37–38:184–206.
[3] Verborgh R., Steiner T., Van Deursen D., De Roo J., Van de Walle R.
& Vallés J. G. (2011). Description and Interaction of RESTful Services
for Automatic Discovery and Execution. In Proceedings of the 2011 FTRA
international workshop on advanced future multimedia services. Jeju,
South Korea. Future Technology Research Association International (FTRA).

I'll let you know if I see any works attempting to extend HTTP
Vocabulary in this respect.

Best regards,
    Franck.