Re: PROPOSED: transition DCAT-3 to CR

Dear all,

As for the few issues labeled with 'dcat' and neither closed nor tagged
with 'future-work' [3],
I have marked as "future work" the following:
- https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1576
- https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1571
I have explained the rationale for doing this in each issue.

I propose to move on the following issues to the next step, namely,
milestone "DCAT3 PR":
- Policy for translations in the RDF of DCAT
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1352. As already mentioned in the issue,
we can address this after the CR
- Tracking the API bug (mismatch between /TR and API for "vocab-dcat")
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1223

I think a quick chat might help about
- the notification to groups, particularly on collecting the communication
we exchanged.
- the update of the publication timeline -  and the closure of
https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1561

Regards,
Riccardo

On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 at 14:46, Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine@w3.org>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm finally processing this, sorry for the delay.
> I have prepared a snapshot of the candidate recommendation, the PR still
> needs to be approved [1]. It also includes a number of fixes on typos and
> broken links, which would have been an issue for transitioning to CR anyway.
>
> Preparing the transition request, I also noticed a few issues that we
> might want to sort out before actually sending the request:
>
> * considering horizontal reviews [2], some boxes are still not ticked. I
> think the "Privacy review" is mostly an oversight, but what about the "Send
> notifications to groups listed in Charter coordination section
> <https://www.w3.org/2020/02/dx-wg-charter.html#coordination>" ? At the
> very least, we would need a report on those exchanges to justify that we
> have made our part.
> * we still have a few issues labeled with 'dcat' and neither closed not
> labeled with 'future-work' [3]. Again, I assume that most of them are
> already addressed one way or another, but this needs to be tidied out.
>
> Do we need a call to sort out the issues above? I assume that part of them
> can be solved asynchronously, but maybe the more tricky ones need some
> discussion?
>
> As soon as our wide reviews and issue list are tidy, I will press the
> button to send the transition request.
>
>     best
>
> [1] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/pull/1582
> [2] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1502
> [3]
> https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Adcat+-label%3Afuture-work
> On 01/10/2023 13:46, Pedro wrote:
>
> Dear Colleagues
>
> As we have had 11 votes in support of the draft proceeding to CR, and no
> votes against, let's proceed and publish the candidate recommendation.
>
> Pierre-Antoine, please can you help us with the formalities.
>
> Once again, congratulations to Riccardo and team for all the hard work
>
> Peter & Caroline
>
> On Sun, 24 Sept 2023 at 18:27, Pedro <pedro.win.stan@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear colleagues
>>
>> As a follow up to the last poll, and following considerable efforts by
>> Riccardo and team to resolve outstanding issues, we are asking each member
>> of the working group to indicate by email if you are content to transition
>> the DCAT-3 draft to CR.
>>
>> Please respond by close of play on 30 September.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Peter and Caroline

Riccardo Albertoni
Istituto per la Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche "Enrico
Magenes"
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
via de Marini 6 - 16149 GENOVA - ITALIA
tel. +39-010-6475624 - fax +39-010-6475660
e-mail: Riccardo.Albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it
Skype: callto://riccardoalbertoni/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardoalbertoni
www: http://www.imati.cnr.it/