Re: [dxwg] Examples of a manifest for DCAT2 (#1243)

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 07:50:36 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@ericstephan I suppose you know this, since you're the originator of both this enquiry and another about PROF, but just for the purposes of this thread: [The Profiles Vocabulary (PROF)](https://www.w3.org/TR/dx-prof/)'s `ResourceDescriptor` class supports a `hasRole` property and we have a vocab of `Role` instances so that a PROF `Profile` can be linked to a number of resources with roles, formats, nots on their conformance etc. This then is a profile manifest.

While PROF's `ResourceDescriptor`s are conceptually related to `Distribution`s, there's no sense in which the `ResourceDescriptor`s are a *part*, as in part/whole of the `Profile` since multiple profiles can refer to resources and to external resources etc.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1243#issuecomment-656538234 using your GitHub account