Re: [dxwg] Reflect all 'Usage notes' into DCAT RDF representation (#725)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 23:53:27 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
> there is no machine-readable way of determining that the context is DCAT. The fact that the triples reside in a particular file is lost the moment the data is loaded into a triplestore ...

@jakubklimek That's the application-builder's choice. For example, they could load the data from dcat.ttl into a named-graph in a quad-store, which would differentiate it from all the other data in the store.

I agree with you and @makxdekkers that, if the semantics are really being constrained, then there is a sub-property involved. But I think we all see the interoperability risks of making that sub-property explicit, by giving it a new name.

Simply making the annotations a bit more explicit is the pragmatic solution. It is not machine-readable. But annotations are 'informal' information, for human consumption only, so a for-human-consumption solution matches the solution to the problem.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/725#issuecomment-513997699 using your GitHub account