Re: [dxwg] Two things that our "profiles" are not (#976)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 08:07:31 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
the premise of this is wrong - mime type profiles are a subclass of the more general notion of profile we need.  some profiles constrain syntax, some semantics - the only requirement is they fit into whatever notion of conformance a community may be using. I'm happy to consider a MIME type profile within the context of syntactical conformance, and a profile providing a set of suggestions about how to encode a concept within the context of conformance to recommendations. As long as I can claim conformance to something and it mean something useful.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/976#issuecomment-512149628 using your GitHub account