Re: [dxwg] refining the definition of profile in response to the poll (#989)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 23:08:15 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
And finally "As if often the case, I wonder which statements refer to profiles and which refer to the instance data that the profile defines. In some of our discussions I feel like we are mixing those two, which may be some of the confusion."

Yes i believe this is the case and I am continually pointing this out. Profiles (as with all data specifications describe instance data) - so profiling relates to subsets of instance data that conform to narrower but consistent definition of some profiled specification(s)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/989#issuecomment-511242804 using your GitHub account