Re: [dxwg] Revisiting the definition of "profile" (#963)

From: Stephen Richard via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:50:10 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
My reading of that IETF definition is that it defines 'profile' to only apply to profiles of MIME types-- certainly a narrower scope that our discussions here.
On close parsing: _a profile is a DESCRIPTION of constraints {on documents that have MIME types}._  Use of 'CAN' is not standard specification language; my reading would interpret CAN to denote 'possible', not permitted (MAY), recommended (SHOULD) or required (MUST).

I don't think it's suitable for our purposes.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smrgeoinfo
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/963#issuecomment-510183653 using your GitHub account